OnePlus has revealed the pricing for its OnePlus 8 series of smartphones in India. This reveal was exclusively for the company’s Red Cable Club members, but has since been posted on the company’s forums.
Starting with the OnePlus 8, the pricing is as follows:
- 6GB RAM + 128 GB storage: INR 41,999 ($549) (Glacial Green)
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage: INR 44,999 ($588) (Onyx Black/Glacial Green)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage: INR 49,999 ($654) (Onyx Black, Glacial Green/Interstellar Glow)
As for the flagship OnePlus 8 Pro, the pricing is as follows:
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage: INR 54,999 ($719) (Onyx Black/Glacial Green)
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage: INR 59,999 ($784) (Onyx Black/Glacial Green/Ultramarine Blue)
Lastly, OnePlus also announced the pricing for the OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z, which costs INR 1,999 and will be available in four colors (Black/Blue/Mint/Oat).
As you may have noticed, the converted pricing is much lower than the actual US pricing for all the variants. The Indian pricing for the OnePlus 8 Pro is actually just slightly higher than the Indian pricing for the OnePlus 7T Pro, which means the most expensive OnePlus phone in 2020 is just INR 1000 more than the most expensive OnePlus phone in 2019.
Of course, this isn’t what we have seen in other markets, especially in the US, where the pricing for OnePlus phones this year has gone up by a lot. We expected the Indian market to have lower pricing factoring in different market dynamics and also since it is OnePlus’ biggest market by far but we were surprised by how conservative OnePlus was with the price hike this year compared to the US.
Of course, these are still expensive phones by all means but considering the year over year improvement, we think the Indian pricing is quite fair overall and definitely better value than in other markets.