OnePlus released the Android 10 update for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro last October, and the company said that the 5G version of the Pro variant will get the latest Android release in Q1 2020. Well, keeping its promise, OnePlus has released OxygenOS 10.0.4 for the 7 Pro 5G, which upgrades the phone to Android 10.
OnePlus 7 Pro
The update brings in the usual bunch of Android 10 goodies, along with new UI and enhanced location permissions for privacy. You can check out the complete changelog below for more details:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Info
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual info)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
OnePlus is seeding the update in a staged manner, meaning only a limited number of users will receive it initially, and a broader rollout will commence in a few days if no bugs are found.
It’s unclear which region is getting this update, but seeing how OnePlus mentioned Europe for Q1 2020 release of Android 10, it’s likely the new build is currently only seeding in the Old Continent.